Hello friends, I hope you’re doing well! I have an extra special post today that’s all about self care. It’s a topic that’s getting a lot of attention these days, especially as mental health awareness is increasing (thankfully). In my opinion, promoting and maintaining good mental health is not only what we can do for ourselves, but it’s also what we can do for others. This became blatantly obvious to me after I hosted a back-to-school care package campaign. I gave a group of teachers self care gifts and the positive feedback blew me away! Those hard-working teachers appreciated the gesture SO much. It touched their hearts just to know that their efforts were noticed and appreciated.
This same gesture is super easy to replicate for our upcoming holidays too. You can create your own care packages for World Mental Health Day, Christmas gifts, and Valentine’s Day gifts. In addition, these gifts are perfect for birthday gifts, teacher gifts, thank you gifts, Mother’s Day gifts, and a multitude of general gifts for her.
By the way, I know that I’ve insinuated that these gifts are for females only. But you can create a gift box for a dude too! Anytime you’re trying to come up with cool gifts for guys, consider giving self care gifts. They are always a great way to boost someone’s spirits and remind them that they are truly amazing!
So, in this post, I’m going to break down exactly how I created several self care gifts for a group of teachers. But before I get started, I must add this disclaimer: as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ok, so here’s a picture of the finished box:
And here’s a picture of the individual items:
What’s in the box?
- The Box – I used this box for my self care gifts because it’s small enough to not cost a fortune to ship, but big enough to fit what I wanted to send. Several boxes come in the package and you do have to put them together. However, it’s relatively easy to do. In addition, I put a positive affirmation sticker right on the inside of the box so the recipent sees it as soon as they open it. You can make your own stickers, or buy them!
- The Filler – I purchased white filler for my boxes, but you can choose from a variety of colors. Why use filler? It helps all of your goodies stay in place and not shift around too much during transport. It also helps with your overall presentation–which is important!
- Spa Headband – I think this is not only useful for keeping hair out of your face, but it’s also perfect for getting someone in the mood for pampering! These headbands come individually wrapped, and several come in the package. This is super helpful when you’re preparing multiple self care gifts.
- Tea Bags – I used these green tea bags, but feel free to use your favorite tea variety. Or, you can send bags of your favorite hot chocolate. The options are truly endless here. Just think of something soothing that would help the recipient get in the mindset of self care and indulgent “me time”.
- Lip Gloss – Lip glosses and lipsticks are little luxuries that every woman can appreciate! I used these limited edition cuties because they fit perfectly in the smallest evening bag, a pocket, a desk drawer, a travel bag, or a makeup bag. But if they are sold out by the time you read this (and they will sell out), the regular sized version is here. If you’re making a box for a guy, you can give him this lip conditioner, which is fantastic and luxurious as well!
- Lotion – With all of the handwashing that we’re doing these days, who doesn’t need lotion? Plus cooler weather wreaks havoc on our skin, so extra moisture is always a must! I think anyone would appreciate this hand cream. I love the size of it because it fits well in a purse. Of course if these aren’t available by the time you read this post, this is a great backup option. It’s rich, lightweight, non-greasy, and super hydrating!
- Facewash – There’s nothing like a gentle cleanser, especially one that removes makeup but doesn’t strip away moisture. That’s why I like to include a nice clean face cleanser in the box. This size is perfect for a gym bag or travel bag and it’s perfect for sensitive skin. Again, in case this limited addition size isn’t available, the regular sized version is amazing too!
- Black Washcloth – Initially, I added a washcloth because I included a charcoal mask within the box. That’s totally an option you can use too. FYI, I provided small samples of this mask (which I love)! But if you don’t want to go through the trouble of creating samples, the washcloth is still useful because it partners well with the facewash (#7 above)!
- Shower Bombs – Ok, I kinda stumbled upon these and they are AMAZING! From the moment you open the box you’ll be in a fragrance trance–in a good way! I chose these shower bombs because they are made with essential oils and natural ingredients. Plus, I love the concept of a shower bomb versus a bath bomb. Even if you only have time you a quick shower, you can make those moments luxurious!
- A Personal Note – This is a step that you should never, ever skip. A personal written note is so rare these days, and I think people value them more than ever. Your note doesn’t have to be long. But I do believe the more specific you can be about: 1) what the person has done and 2) why they are amazing, the better. Remember you are trying to brighten their day. So use this personal note to pump them up with a compliment or two!
Are you inspired to create your own self care gift box? You should be! I’ve given you examples of what I’ve used for my boxes. But this is something that you can make your own. Besides, you know what your recipient(s) will enjoy. Get creative and tailor the gift box goodies to fit his/her needs and desires. That’s the beauty of creating your own self care gifts!
If you found this post to be useful, definitely let me know when you create your own box and what you used for your goodies. And if you’re looking for more self care tips, be sure to check out this post about ways to boost your wellness.
Have a good one friends!
Mrs. Traylor is a Fitness Instructor, NASM Certified Personal Trainer & Nutrition Coach, AFPA Certified Prenatal and Postnatal Fitness Specialist, wife, and momma who provides actionable advice for positive lifestyle changes with fitness, nutrition, and wellness. Read about Wendy’s inspiring entrepreneurial journey, and subscribe to Wendy’s newsletter here!